UKC

1st time costa blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afshapes 17 Apr 2012
To all the veterans , what advice could you offer on a first trip to Costa Blanca ? Is it better to get an apartment or go for a cheap package deal ? I would like to get away from the huddle and bussle and get into the country so any advice on venues for f5 to f6c ? Many thanks
 chers 17 Apr 2012
Try Villa Plus, can work out cheaper than package deals, especially if you're with a group. 4 bed/3 bathroom villa with heated pool over easter - £279 pp including flights.

Sierra de Toix...lots of routes under 6c...does get a bit busy, but stunning views of the coast and there's loads to choose from there. Lots of shorter routes but also some cracking 40/50m 5+/6as. Also, numerous newly bolted routes that aren't in the rockfax book. Good options for sunny/cloudy days...mornings/afternoons, plus, short walk ins.
Salem...seemed to be another good crag but got rained off!
Sella too, but rained off again so only got 1 route done there
 Mark Eddy 19 Apr 2012
In reply to afshapes: Get a villa if you want to get away from it all. Don't forget to try the Orange House in Finestrat.
Big mountain routes on the Puig Campana, Toix sea cliffs are both amazing and not to be missed.
 Dan Jam 20 Apr 2012
In reply to afshapes: Gandia is excellent for the route range you indicate and its a massive crag so ulikely to be busy in any single sector. Second recommendation for the orange house! best climbing accomodation ever!
 Sam Mayfield 23 Apr 2012
In reply to Daniel James:

Bless you guys, thanks for the "thumbs up".

We are about to close for the season (yippee!!) I cant believe it has gone soooooo quickly.

We open again in September with the DWS Festival on the 6th.

New Rockfax guide due out that month aswell, so I am guessing we will be busy next year we people coming out for the first time, also lots of new areas to entice back who think its past it!

Sam Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...