UKC

Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Hands-On Preview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brian 19 Apr 2012
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/nikon-d3200-digital-slr-hands-on-preview-...

and Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Hands-On Photos of Equipment
 The Lemming 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Brian:

I want a red camera.
 Richard Carter 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Brian:

Good god a new 28mm!

It's about bloody time, the AFD f/2.8 was awful, the AFD f/1.4 was way overpriced for the average quality of it and the only good 28mm prime was manual focus and designed in 1974. Hopefully a couple of decades of R&D means it'll be good.
 Richard Carter 19 Apr 2012
Just read the article, hopefully the 11/9 design will be good, just hope it doesn't have such crazy fall off as the 24/35 fast primes. I'd have prefered an f/2.8 version :-P
 Andy S 20 Apr 2012
In reply to Richard Carter: ah, irrelevant to us mere dx users!!
 Oujmik 20 Apr 2012
In reply to Brian: I knew there was a reason I held off from buying a D5100... presumably this new sensor gives 14-bit RAW or perhaps even higher?
 SouthernSteve 20 Apr 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Brian)

> I want a red camera.

I don't - that's horrible. It looks so plasticky

I wonder whether they will actually manage to make enough of these. There are almost no D800s in the country almost a month after release.
 Richard Carter 20 Apr 2012
In reply to SouthernSteve:

"There are almost no D800s in the country almost a month after release"

I've seen a few around just need to hunt around I guess. The D800 is made in Sendai with the D4 so it was never going to meet demand when it was released. D3200 is just made in thailand and after the flooding Nikon upgraded the production line so it's much faster than before.

I suspect these will sell like hot cakes. Black cameras are boring. I wonder though, stocking multi-colour optioned items (like the new mirror less Nikons) must be a logistics nightmare. Really suprised they didn't go for some kinf of Just-In-Time type ordering setup like they do with say cars.
 James Dunn 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Brian: Some more info for anyone who is interested;

No built in intervalometer.

Video mode now has full manual control.

Looking forward to seeing some raw files and video tests soon!
 Sean Kelly 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Brian: This hi mega pixel count is Ok but does mean a low frame rate in continious mode, and even slower if using flash! Same with the new D800.
 James Dunn 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Sean Kelly: I was under the impression it was 4fps shooting at 36MP Raw? Which is higher than the D3100 and equivalent to the D5100, which seems pretty good to me, but I may have mis-read that.

Having an automatic machine gun D4 would be sweet but for a nearly a tenth of the price...

(I know that's not a realistic comparison)

Onwards and upwards it seems though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...