ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Top rope self belay

Milesy - on 23 Apr 2012
I know this has came up before but I am unable to add to those topics to bring one back up again so apologies for the repetition of this topic.

*disclaimer* I am aware of the dangers while solo climbing, and aware of using a shunt, soloist, gri gri etc.

I was practising with a system last night on easier ground. I anchored off at the top and threw both strands down, one strand with alpine butterflies at regular intervals. The second strand to be clove hitched, adjusted when above ground fall (or ledge fall) potential.

I was thinking about the way to clip the loops as I went. Clipping directly to krabs on my harness was no good as the loops were normally not easy to reach to my waist so I think slings cow's tailed to my belay loop. Is there likely to be any forces involved here I am not thinking of which could cause failure. Assuming the strand edges are reasonably protected at the edge.

Cheers
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums