/ Eastern peak campsite near pub

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CurlyStevo - on 27 Apr 2012
Anyone got any good recommendations for good eastern peak campsites within 10 mins walk of a nice pub and not too far from the main crags?

Cheers,
Stevo
antdav - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Hardhurst farm, pub food not too great though but cheap site, awesome free hot showers and bacon baps in the morning.
CurlyStevo - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to antdav:
ta - any other recommendations?
davidbeynon - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

There used to be a very basic camp site a couple of doors down from the Three Stags Heads in Wardlow Mires. Good for limestone country, though slightly less convenient for grit.
Dan Arkle - on 27 Apr 2012
Eric Byrne campsite near Birchen Edge. Basic, close to pub and crag.
ripper - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Dan Arkle:
> Eric Byrne campsite near Birchen Edge. Basic, close to pub and crag.

yep great if you don't the long trek from the car park
ripper - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to antdav:
> (In reply to CurlyStevo) Hardhurst farm, pub food not too great though but cheap site, awesome free hot showers and bacon baps in the morning.

not stayed there for a few years now but I liked Hardhurst too. If the pub food is not great you could always nip down the road to the Littlejohn
tompilgrem - on 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Hardhurst farm is good site, stay there regulary. Pub's not brilliant so often walk to Hope in the evenings, good pubs there and a great curry house! (curry cabin).
Joanna7 on 03 May 2012
Hi Stevo

I know you're looking for a campsite but we have a newly renovated holiday cottage to let - have a look at simonscottage.com for more information. 2 minute walk from excellent pub/restaurants. Situated on the edge of the Peak District.

Let me know if you need more information.
Kind regards

Joanna
Max factor - on 03 May 2012
In reply to ripper:
> (In reply to antdav)
> [...]
>
If the pub food is not great you could always nip down the road to the Littlejohn

And that helps how exactly? ;-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.