ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Multipitch Sport - Kalymnos, Wings for Life

R8JimBob88 - on 27 Apr 2012
Afternoon people,

I'm heading off to Kalymnos in May, I went in 2010 and never had the chance to climb the much talked about "Wings for Life" over on Telendos.

This time however, its on my "must do if its the last thing I do wishlist". What I really want to know is what to expect, i've never tackled a multipitch before, am I biting off more than I can chew?

I've climbed plenty of sport routes up to F7a+ but mainly just fumble around the F6b. In other words I dont think i'll find the climb difficult.

Just leaves me with a few questions...

Is the climb steep, as in overhanging at any stage?

What are the belays like?

We will have a 70m rope and a 50m rope. Which one would be best suited?

Anything else that I might need to know first?

I will be leading alternative pitches with my partner. I'm pretty sure what to do at the belay points but thought I would run it past you guys first for some advice....

Climber A leads first pitch, climbs past belay to the first bolt on the next pitch, clips this and then lowers down to the belay. Climber A then secures himself to belay using daisy chain and karabiner etc. Climber A then pulls through slack until climber B is ready to second the route. Climber B climbs past climber A and then on to lead the second pitch, then repeats as per above.

Thanks
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums