UKC

Polldubh - how long to dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MatthewV 27 Apr 2012
I have (in theory!) a chance for a bit of climbing at Pulldubh in about a week. I know it's done nothing but chuck it down for ages now, but I'm wondering how much dry weather it's going to take before they're climbable on - do they dry quickly, or will they be soggy for days after all this rain?
 HenryCowan 27 Apr 2012
In reply to MatthewV: If you are planning to try Storm, don't bother its really seepy, everywhere else within a dry day or so
 Jamie B 27 Apr 2012
In reply to MatthewV:

Depends what you go for - some areas literally dry in minutes, other more recessed and tree-enshrouded bits take a day or two. Generally speaking, if it's not actually raining you should get something done. Hope so anyway; I'm headed there tomorrow.

I'll give you a progress report, but if you're not going for a week it's fairly irrelevant what state they're in now!
 Jamie B 28 Apr 2012
In reply to MatthewV:

Nice and dry today, despite a brief hail-shower! Even bits that often tend towards seepage, such as the slab on Resurrection. It's really not been as consistently wet recently as you suggest - more like patchy showers than the classic west coast deluge.
OP MatthewV 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:

Thanks! I'm in Inverness at the moment, where this weekend is the first dry days we've had in a couple of weeks...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...