UKC

Bosigran Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Traveller 28 Apr 2012
I remember that there is a campsite near Bosigran -just a farmers field - in either Morvah or Rosemergy. I's on a bend in the road and there's normally a larger handwritten sign on a board with a contact number on it.

I'm trying to contact the site and wondered whether anyone has the number, or lives locally and could jot it down next time you're passing?

Cheers
 Iain Peters 28 Apr 2012
In reply to Traveller:

It's just outside Morvah: I believe it's a turn up and pitch kind of site on the local dairy farm just up the hill on the Penzance road. The camping field is usually cut for silage or hay and therefore doesn't open until later on in May.

The Old Chapel at Zennor allows campng when the hostel is full. http://www.zennorbackpackers.net/zennor-accomm.htm
 HappyTrundler 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Traveller:

The North Inn at Pendeen would be my choice, in a field behind the pub, decent loos and showers, great cooked breakfast, and of course a good old fashioned boozer on site, not to mention a couple more within easy walking distance...heaven on earth...
 Em66 29 Apr 2012
In reply to HappyTrundler:

I second this. An awesome campsite with really friendly owners
 Al Evans 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Iain Peters: Can you still camp at the Counthouse Iain, I haven't been in years. Obviously you would need to book through the CC.
 JRae 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Traveller: We just slept in the car park near the ruins. You can swim in the sea down in the cove if you need a wash
 Iain Peters 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Al Evans:
Do you know Al, I'm not sure?! Obviously as a non-member you can book and stay in the hut, so I guess you could. The Hut Booking Secretary would know. The rates for camping are the same as for staying in the hut.
OP Traveller 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Iain Peters: Not an official reply, but certainly last summer you could camp at the count house and I don't think anythings changed.

Thanks to all the replys above. The reason I wanted that specific site is that we're thinking of using it as a base for a Scouts sea cliff climbing trip - the other sites are possibly too small or wouldn't suit a large group, as far as I'm aware. But we wouldn't want to take a chance on just turning up, so if anyone does have the contact details for the farm, though it's a long shot, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks again.

OP Traveller 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Iain Peters: Thanks, I hadn't realized you can camp at the old chapel - its full when we're there so I'll check with them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...