UKC

Annapurna Circuit distances

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 29 Apr 2012
OK, I know the approximate total distance of the AC but I'd be interested to know if there's anywhere where I can find the distances between (some of)the villages en route.

Grateful for any info.
 Morgan Woods 29 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

i found this using an obscure search engine called google:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Annapurna_Circuit#b
OP mypyrex 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: Thanks, I had googled but obviously didn't look far enough.
 Morgan Woods 29 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

no probs...was kind of curious myself.
OP mypyrex 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: I wanted to know because the itinerary I've been sent only gives times and these now look fairly generous(Khudi - Bahundanda = 6.2 miles in 5 - 6 hours) I haven't yet checked the higher altitude data.
 Morgan Woods 30 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I think the times sound reasonable but probably for summer conditions. It says 3 hrs for Thorung Pedi to the pass but for me it was more like 4 hrs in at times waist-deep snow. 4 hrs to descend to Muktinath sounds about right.

In terms of acclimatising i found Nepal much better than the Andes. On the circuit at least you start quite low down and build up height gradually over the next 5-6 days prior to attempt the pass.
 Morgan Woods 30 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Also when i did it there was no road to Jomson so it was probably a bit more pleasant. The walk to Kagbeni was still quite dusty and flat. Kagbeni is definitely worth a rest day.
OP mypyrex 30 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: Thanks for the info. What time of the year did you go?
 Morgan Woods 30 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

January....so yes, it was a bit chilly, but completely deserted. Had an absolutely fantastic time.
OP mypyrex 30 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: Thanks, I'm off in October. Having done EBC I know something of what's involved and I'm quite looking forward to it. I plan to take it nice and steady over the Thorung La. I might even try and call in to see this chap and get a blessing ;0)

http://www.peakpromotionnepal.com/cybercast/family_trek_in_nepal/hundred_ru...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...