UKC

Waterproof Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Madrabman 01 May 2012
Its that time where i need to replace my shell.
There are two i have in mind, one was the Montane Atomic jacket, or a brand i've not used before nor really seen, a jacket made by Columbia, and its the Jet Stratus Shell.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand? or using it now?
I have a few garments made by Montane as has my wife which i have had no problems with, so i'm debating which one to go with.

Thanks in advance.
 Dave Williams 01 May 2012
In reply to ianuk:

Columbia don't seem to have caught the imagination anywhere near as much in the UK in comparison to TNF, Patagonia etc and consequently their brand awareness and market penetration is on the low side. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of them. They are a long established US brand and are literally huge in the States. I have several items of Columbia clothing - trousers, fleece and soft shell. All are very well designed and made so if you really like the Jet Stratus jacket, I'd get it.

Hope this helps.

Dave
 AdCo82 01 May 2012
In reply to ianuk:

stick with Montane....fab clothing and British.

Why no other makes????
 Guy Hurst 01 May 2012
In reply to ianuk: AFAIK Columbia is a mid or lower range brand in the States, a bit like Regatta or perhaps Sprayway in the UK. So commercially very successful and produce some ok stuff, but not really the best around. I think they bought Mountain Hardwear a few years ago to get into the quality market. So their waterproofs might be decent, but they might not. On the other hand Montane stuff is generally very good...
OP Madrabman 02 May 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

No real reason really, i have a tendency, when looking at new gear to be very in decisive as to which brand to go for. I have allot of montane kit, and i know there gear works, just stumbled across the Columbia really so thought id ask about it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...