ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Advice on access to Sgurr Alasdair from Sron na Ciche , Skye.

jack_eadie - on 06 May 2012
Hi there. Next weekend I return to Skye with my father for the first time in a few years. In previous years we have done most of the easy classic mountaineering lines, the Dubh Ridge, Pinnacle Ridge of Sgurr nan Gillean, the Inn Pin, Clach Glas - Bla Bheinn traverse, Coire a Ghreadaidh skyline etc.

My dad would dearly love to stand on the Cioch and has said this would be his (and mine) preferred choice. So accessing via the terrace then Collies Route seems the best option, or Arrow Route if he feels up to it (he's 69).

He is trying also to bag his last few munros and Sgurr Alasdair remains. After consulting the guide it seems there is no real easy route from the Cioch up onto the ridge to Sgurr Sgumain - Sgurr Alasdair, Wallworks Route looks to be the easiest at V Diff.

If he's confident and feeling fit he could probably manage this but I don't want to take him out of his comfort zone and feel this may be a bit much.

Is there any other way up onto Sgurr Alasdair from the Cioch without descending and going round to the Great Stone shoot? Also what is the ridge like from Sgurr Sgumain to Sgurr Alasdair.

I think he would take the Summit at the expense of the Cioch at the end of the day but want to make it as memorable day as possible for us.

Thanks for your advice/info. J
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums