UKC

Aspirants' Club Meet (Manchester/Sheffield/High Peak)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Martin Kocsis, BMC 11 May 2012
Going Clubbing at the Weekend?

If you’ve ever wanted to get an idea of what being in a climbing club is like, it can be difficult to gauge. There’s the trouble of finding a club, then of turning up unannounced on a pub night and trying to make friends while not coming across as a complete numpty. Some clubs are taking steps to make the joining process less daunting by holding “Aspirants’ Meets”. So, with an exciting drum roll, here are details of an aspirants meet to be held in North Wales by the Peak District based Mynydd Climbing Club.

This is an ideal opportunity for climbers in the Manchester-Stockport-Sheffield-High Peak axis of evil to get involved in the British club scene and have a great weekend in a seriously tranquil and lovely valley.

Everyone is welcome, no matter what your level. Please read further details on the BMC website here:

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/mynydd-climbing-club-aspirants-meet

Martin Kocsis, BMC 14 May 2012
In reply to Martin Kocsis, BMC: The Mynydd have asked me to remind anyone who's interested that they should contact the club directly as they need to get the catering right. (Details on the embedded link)
 spragglerocks 14 May 2012
In reply to Martin Kocsis, BMC:

Are people from Leeds allowed to join
Don't think I can come this weekend though but here is a free bump!
 PontiusPirate 14 May 2012
In reply to spragglerocks:

<waves> you well? We haven't seen you in your 'old' club for quite a while!

PP.
 spragglerocks 14 May 2012
In reply to PontiusPirate:
Ha ha very funny! I was at city bloc on Thursday. Missed a few things because of trips to El Chorro, Yosemite and font - it's a hard life!

One question though - who chooses to go to spofforth when the weather forecast looks good??

Martin - sorry for hijacking the post but at least you get some free bumps!
 PontiusPirate 16 May 2012
In reply to spragglerocks:

Pretty chilly at Almscliffe tonight instead!

Good to hear you've ben on some decent trips

Hey Martin - another free bump!

PP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...