Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Does rock shoe choice make that big a difference?

jhw - on 11 May 2012
Hi, if I'm currently plateauing on slabby routes with small footholds, how much difference does it make to try a different pair of shoes? I currently use Evolv Royales which are the most basic shoe that Evolv do - the UKC review says "it feels like I'm using someone else's feet" - I bought them just because they're advertised as suitable for all-day use, and they felt comfortable. But I keep finding I don't trust the smaller footholds and often come off randomly on them.

Clearly the main issue is I've got sloppy footwork, but the immediate issue is I have a trip to a slabby part of Spain next week so don't have time to make any major amendments to my technique. Will it make me significantly safer if I invest in a slightly better pair of shoes - Evolv Bandits or Red Chili Spirits perhaps - something that is still "all-rounder" and suitable for all-day climbing, but not the total bottom of the barrel?

Or shall I save 90 as the shoes I have are already quite new and I'm a bit broke as it is...

Thanks
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums