UKC

NEWS: FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEO: Steve McClure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 May 2012
Steve McClure, 3 kbI picked this video up late this afternoon and loved it, especially as the UKC/UKH/Rockfax team is going on a climbing trip to Ariège in the French Pyrenees tomorrow.

Watch Steve McClure make it look easy, shot and edited by Alastair Lee and team with some great music.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67115

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Sorry to report - there ain't no soft-touch holiday grades in the Ariege mate! Back to the 6bs!

Chris
 sculptor 11 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Cool vid - cool toons - more like this please
 Skyfall 12 May 2012
In reply to Chris Craggs:

I take it from your blog we were a week or so too early for real hot rock?

Incidentally, I tore an intercostal a couple of days after getting home and now can't climb at all so timing was ok really...

Jon
 gavina 12 May 2012
In reply to JonC:

All this video says to me is: sport climbing is rubbish.

So he did something really difficult to do. But if he'd failed, then what? Nothing. I do difficult stuff every day. Stuff most people really couldn't do. Mostly I succeed. I don't want to fail but sometimes I do. I don't get a video. What's the difference? He's no prettier than I am!

Sport climbing is rubbish.
 richardr 12 May 2012
In reply to gavina:

I wish there was a like button! That's hilarious!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 May 2012
In reply to JonC:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs)
>
> I take it from your blog we were a week or so too early for real hot rock?
>

Not sure you were too early, it has been withering the past couple of days. A team of 8 Brits who moved in are struggling to find stuff to do at sensible grade without getting roasted!

Chris
 Fraser 12 May 2012
In reply to gavina:
>
> What's the difference? He's no prettier than I am!
>
He doesn't have a name like Nigella?

Furanco C 12 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: Video does work in germany because of music rights
ste53 12 May 2012
In reply to gavina:
> (In reply to JonC)
>
> All this video says to me is: sport climbing is rubbish.

I do difficult stuff every day. Stuff most people really couldn't do. Mostly I succeed. I don't want to fail but sometimes I do.
>
> Sport climbing is rubbish.

You defo failed at not coming across as a complete arse hole ! If you dont like sport climbing then dont watch it !
I suppose all boulder's are brain dead
Dry tooling is for fool's
E,C,T
E,C,T
 PeteH 12 May 2012
In reply to gavina:
If your argument is at least partly about whether you're at least as pretty as Steve McClure, we need a profile pic please.

And if you are, indeed, at least as pretty as Steve McClure, maybe you should start getting in touch with some filmmakers to let them know about the difficult stuff you're doing (I presume things like putting your socks on without falling over, not pushing doors with "PULL" written on them, etc etc) - maybe they just haven't heard about you yet?

Pete.
 Jiduvah 12 May 2012
In reply to Jurgan C: Yeah it is terrible in Germany for viewing online content.

http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm
 nigel pearson 12 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: looks like a great climb. Steve is always so good at using his feet and finding clever rests.
In reply to nigel pearson:

They are good routes - the first one is an 8a+ called "Familia Mansion" and the second a 7c+ called "El Delfin". They are both in Rodellar.
 milkyjoe 12 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

At 2:39.... is he really climbing that with shoes undone?!
 Puppythedog 12 May 2012
In reply to milkyjoe: He often (maybe always) climbs like that. He says his shoes fit so well he doesn't need to do the laces up.
 milkyjoe 12 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

OK that'll be why I'm not climbing 7c then
johnboybuchan 14 May 2012
In reply to gavina:
> (In reply to JonC)
>
>
> I do difficult stuff every day. Stuff most people really couldn't do.

True, a lot of people do struggle on 'difficult stuff' (or Diffs for short) But Steve McClure is in the elite band of climbers regulary climbing 'Very Difficult stuff' and sometimes even 'Severe stuff!'

What's the difference?
>
Apart from looks and skill there is also a marked difference in attitude bettween yourself and Steve. McClure tends to have a very positive contribution to the sport. Film makers, magazine editors and most forum users kind of like this, they/we find it inspiring. Negativity don't sell baby.
> Sport climbing is rubbish.

If you find it too hard it doesn't mean it's rubbish it simply means get better at climbing and then enjoy it. Personally I much prefer Trad or Alpine mountaineering to sport, but that doesn't stop me sitting in a car for 7 hours to get 6 hours sport climbing in or getting on a plane for a fantastic week of sport with friends.

Morgan P 14 May 2012
In reply to Jurgan C: Add a proxy to your browser then you'll not have restrictions like that. If you use Google chrome then install the extension "Proxy List" and choose a UK proxy Hope that helps!
 Jonny2vests 14 May 2012
In reply to johnboybuchan:

Feeding trolls will get you nowhere. Its probably one of Steve Mac's mates or some UKB wide boy on a dare.
 tanty 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:
> I picked this video up late this afternoon and loved it, especially as the UKC/UKH/Rockfax team is going on a climbing trip to Ariège in the French Pyrenees tomorrow. Watch Steve McClure make it look easy, shot and edited by Alastair Lee and team with some great music.
>
> Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67115

the video doesnt work for me, any suggestions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...