ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sport performance v trad

Wiley Coyote - on 12 May 2012
If a comment intrigues or infuriates me emough I sometimes look up the poster's profile and I'm bewildered by the range of disparity in sport/trad peformances - not least my own.

I've on-sighted quite a few E3s on grit, limestone and mountain crags and even one E4 (granted all a while ago now) but my sport grade has always hovered around 6a(ish) with the occasional foray to 6b. I don't think I've even managed to top rope a 6c. Yet I've just seen a profile that read trad severe/sport 6b.

I confess I treat sport as bolted trad (no dogging, no practising). I don't redpoint as I find it boring, I'm rubbish on small holds as I am almost 14stone these days and I'm terrified of falling off, despite having soloed up to E2.

So the question is: what am I dong so wrong and, more to the point, what can I do to up my grade - short of spending yonks on some hideous project?
... not showing 40 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums