UKC

Southern Sandstone Climbers. Get Involved - Have your Say!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Moulton 14 May 2012
The annual Sandstone Open Meeting is being held in The Bar at Bowles on Sunday 20 May 2012 - 6:30 for 7:00 pm. Snacks provided by the BMC – buy your own drinks. All are Welcome.

Since moving to this venue a few years ago attendance has been very good. The agenda covers all of the southern sandstone outcrops with reports on any developments/progress on projects and access problems (see also http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=500119&v=1#x6818496 re High Rocks). Any work that needs to be done on the main outcrops will also be discussed, and there will be a report on the Steve Durkin Sandstone Trust.

Contact Rob@theBMC.co.uk for further information.
willriseley 14 May 2012
In reply to Bob Moulton: Heys guys I wont be able to attend the meeting as I will be out of Kent but am willing to spend some of my free days at Harrisons repairing holes in the carpark, the ramp on the exit that needs levelling out again and also bringing firewood from the coppiced areas of woodland and putting them near to the fire area, also to littler pick and tidy up, make the landing sites slighlty better along the crag bottoms.
OP Bob Moulton 14 May 2012
In reply to willriseley: Thanks for the offer, which I will report to the Harrison's Rocks Management (HRMG), who meet the day after the Open Meeting. However, repairs to the car park are the responsibility of Sport England rather than the BMC. HRMG's priority is for repairs to the Rocks and to the surrounding land, but we can try to put pressure on Sport England to pay for repairs to be done to the car park.
 gingerwolf 14 May 2012
In reply to Bob Moulton: if your dontact is supposed to be Rob Dyer, the contact email will be robd@thebmc.co.uk

rob@thebmc.co.uk is Rob Adie, Climbing Wall Officer's email address

willriseley 14 May 2012
In reply to Bob Moulton: Im offering to do the repairs to the carpark for free (yes even in this day and age) as I use the car park myself so it would at least benefit myself and sure a host of other users would be greatful as well. As I get a lot of use from the sandstone crags Id like to see it as my way of giving back.
OP Bob Moulton 15 May 2012
In reply to gingerwolf: Yes, sorry about the wrong email address.

In reply to Will: thanks again for the offer. We will be speaking to Sport England about the car park, and may well then come back to you re your offer.
willriseley 22 May 2012
In reply to Bob Moulton: Any news on the outcome of this?
OP Bob Moulton 22 May 2012
In reply to willriseley: Yes, we met with Sport England at the car park yesterday, and they are planning to get contractors in to do the job - not sure how long it will take or how big a job they'll be doing. In the meantime we may have to cordon off that section of the car park if it gets too bad, which won't stop people using the rest of the car park. Thanks for your offer anyhow, and of course we're always looking for volunteers for work on the rocks.
willriseley 22 May 2012
In reply to Bob Moulton: I could be paid to do it, if they want me to give quotes then im available on 07795483802

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...