Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Lidl rant

Tim Chappell - on 14 May 2012
I'm all for overcoming the Tesco quasi-monopoly. So I do my bit by going to Lidl now and then.

Every time I go the stock on display is entertainingly eccentric, which is fine ("Is it just the two hundredweight of walnuts, the Croatian riding jodhpurs, and the 24 strange-brand Austrian yoghurt and nougat snack bars for you today then sir?").

And the whole place is completely empty, which is also fine; I like a bit of peace to think and take my time while picking out my Croatian riding jodhpurs.

But here's the thing: no one will ever serve you. People will bark at you for waiting at the wrong till, and make notes about you on their clipboards, and ask you to get out of their way so they can sweep the floors, but will they serve you? They will not.

What is it with them? Don't they like customers?

Back to Tesco's next time, I'm afraid. Even though they don't do jodhpurs, not even Croatian ones.

... not showing 72 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums