UKC

THE LOWDOWN: VIDEO: Two 9a FA's in 75 min by Pirmin Bertle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pirmin Bertle on Chromosome X, 9a, Charmay, Switzerland, 4 kbGerman climber living in sWITZERLAND, Pirmin Bertle recently managed to make the first ascents of two 9a's in 75 minutes at his local crag Charmay, Switzerland.
You would think this means it must be two variations of the same route, but as it turns out, even though Chromosome X and Chromosome Y do...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67123
 Niall Grimes 15 May 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Looks amazing and the rock looks fantastic. But I had to turn away early on, emotionally spent from the rapid cuts and the numbers and info that kept coming on the screen - it was a bit like Top Of The Pops 2 in fast forward.
 Morgan Woods 15 May 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

great vid that....glad to see that he likes his beer and wine.
 JH74 15 May 2012
In reply to Niall Grimes:

Lordy, you're not wrong. That was some input! You should have stuck with it though, there were some quality English scene descriptions such as 'then you are delievered by a proper kneebar' which are alwasy fun to see.

Great climbing obviously etc.
 Ed Bright 15 May 2012

3:50... Wow
 JH74 15 May 2012
In reply to JH74:

As are words like alwasy.
 Calder 15 May 2012

Skill!

Really enjoyed this vid myself, really liked the music - especially for the first route, as well as his team colours!

I just wish I had such a cool name...
 Niall Grimes 15 May 2012
"I have done Chromosome X. I could go home now. But I bet that f+cking baby's crying and the wife'll be stressed. Maybe I'll hang on here and do another 9a."
 Morgan Woods 15 May 2012
In reply to Niall Grimes:

gotta say i was really impressed by the blow-by-blow details, how many moves, number of attempts etc.
 climber34neil 15 May 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Have I missed the point somewhat as I thought what an awful film, annoying music, bad subtitles/ text and dodgy translations! Have I got mixed up with another film which appeared to have a sub plot about a plumbing issue which someone had apparently come round to fix?
 Jonny2vests 15 May 2012

Imagine my relief when he clipped the anker. But wait, there is this other one, a few bevvies is all that's required, what a man.
In reply to jonny2vests:
Clipped the what??
 Jonny2vests 15 May 2012
In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:
> (In reply to jonny2vests)
> Clipped the what??

The anker. Watch it.
 Skyfall 15 May 2012

Enjoyed that, thanks
 biscuit 15 May 2012

I strangely liked it. I thought i wasn't going to at first but actually ended up enjoying the commentary and the quirky phrases. I feel it gave a bit of insight into his, and the routes', character. It's not as if you have an edge of your seat video to watch as you know he does the routes and it's not death defying trad so it's nice to connect in a different way.

Strangely i did my hardest sport route to date just after totally stuffing myself with a 3 course meal and finishing off leftovers. There may be something in it ?

Loving the euro style film making!
 DrGav 15 May 2012
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Euro to the core!! That was awfully enjoyable.
 Jonny2vests 16 May 2012
In reply to DrGav:

That's odd, cos I thought it was poorly styled over indulgent shite. He's not trying to be retro and quirky, he's just Swiss-German.
 justin c 16 May 2012
The routes look short jugfests and pretty easy to me ... And he looks pish weak......! ;/

Holy crap !
 Furanco C 16 May 2012
In reply to jonny2vests: No, he's German. I'm not Austro-british just cause I've lived in Austria for a bit. The routes look good and I liked the break down to help understand it, but putting phrases like 'gentle 8b' in is the sign of a narcissist.
 Niall Grimes 16 May 2012
In reply to Jurgan C: I imagine that really it's because he has tried them so much he's probably thought about it a lot. He's probably just psyched.
 Furanco C 16 May 2012
In reply to Niall Grimes: perhaps. Irrelevant anyway. I reckon if you climb two new F9as in an evening you earn the right to be a bit narcissistic.
 Jonny2vests 17 May 2012
In reply to Jurgan C:
> (In reply to jonny2vests) No, he's German.

Oh yeah. Same deal though, a box head is a box head.

Fraser 17 May 2012

Mighty impressive climbing - the vid. less so perhaps. Clearly where I'm going wrong is not having a 'voluminous meal' beforehand!
 DrGav 17 May 2012
In reply to jonny2vests:
> (In reply to DrGav)
>
> That's odd, cos I thought it was poorly styled over indulgent shite.

I think I agree with that description! And still found it enjoyable in a slightly Euro awful way.

GrahamD 18 May 2012
In reply to DrGav:

Me too. All these well shot videos are bcoming a bit formulaic - after all there is a limited amount you can do with the subject especially when the outcome is already known

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...