UKC

OI NEWS: The Start Of Your New Career - as an Outdoor Instructor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 May 2012
Plas y Brenin, the national mountain Centre, 3 kbSpend four months at Plas y Brenin, the National Mountain Centre, and start a new career as an outdoor instructor.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4658
 martinph78 18 May 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: This sounds perfect. Gotta move out soon, been made redundant, already registered for my SPA, would love a job in the outdoors...

Shame I haven't got the £10k

I am very interested to know what sort of money can be earned and the career routes that people have taken into the outdoor industry though. Self-employed, schools, centres, etc?

Maybe UKC could do an article on it?
 girlymonkey 18 May 2012
In reply to Martin1978:
Money?!! Don't be silly!
Seriously, if you go freelance you can do well if you get enough clients, but it's not an industry to be in if money is your objective. I love it, I always say I have the best job in the world, but I'm always skint!!
 martinph78 18 May 2012
In reply to girlymonkey: Thanks for your reply. I totally agree with you, I know money isn't everything. I would love a job that I enjoy and so long as I can pay the bills I'm not bothered about much else. I live pretty cheaply as it is. Happy to live in budget accomodation, caravans, whatever

I registered for my SPA just before I got made redundant. I was looking for a change. Putting a business plan together for £10k + other start-up costs isn't easy though.

I'm not new to being self-employed so know what that's all about, and would love to be self-employed again if I'm honest.

How did you start out? Did you work for someone else first, was it a complete career change, or something you worked towards at college etc?

Thanks, Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...