UKC

how do you know if you have wide feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cliff shasby 19 May 2012
is there a ratio or something...?
cheers cliff...
Tim Chappell 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby:

This thread might help:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=505629

OP cliff shasby 19 May 2012
In reply to Tim Chappell: thanks but it dosent really..
 Howardw1968 19 May 2012

go to clarks and get them measured and ask the measurer
Tim Chappell 19 May 2012

I'm not sure what you want to know though. If you go to a shoe shop and get your shoes fitted, and you're anything above an F, doesn't that tell you?
In reply to cliff shasby: Are you a good swimmer?
 Yanis Nayu 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby: Aquaplaning.
In reply to Tim Chappell: of course thats the obvious thing to do so maybe next time im in a gear shop that can measure feet properly i will get them measured,i just wondered whether there was a way to measure them myself and look at some chart type thing ont tinternet..

a spur of the moment thought while trying to figure out boot problems,think i'll have a mooch ont tinterweb..
Tim Chappell 19 May 2012

I don't really know how it's possible to be in doubt about whether you have wide feet. If you're not sure, don't they have to be in the middle? It's kind of obvious if they're really wide, or really narrow. Mine are triangular. Buying boots that fit them is basically impossible. This is why I hardly wear boots-- wherever I can get away with it I wear Merrills instead.
 ollieollie 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby: i found it impossible to find some boots to fit my arkward super wide feet without pain, had feet measured at cotswold, two different sized feet both far to wide, nothing they stock would fit! after much searching i finally had some meindl wide fit ordered in! my search is over
 Fraser 19 May 2012
In reply to Tim Chappell:
> (In reply to cliff shasby)
>
> ...Mine are triangular.

Point to the front or back?
Tim Chappell 19 May 2012
In reply to Fraser:

Quack.
In reply to cliff shasby: there are charts using cm to measure the length and width but they all say something slightly different on their charts,ive never considered them to be wide or narrow just average i guess but i suppose only a proper measure will tell...
according to my rough measure 25cm length 25cm circumference,ive got square feet...;_)
mgco3 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby: The best place to make the judgement is in the snow.

Stand in the the snow with your feet closely together. Then sit in your footprints. If you can sit in your footprints without your ass - print overlapping the edges then you have WIDE feet..
 string arms 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby: can you walk on water?
 Mikkel 19 May 2012

When all boots you try need to be at least half an inch or more to long before the boot is wide enough, then you have wide feet.
Thats how i found out ;0)
 Kyle Warlow 19 May 2012

If you can't fit both hands around your co.....

..... Nah, too easy.
 Enty 19 May 2012

When you walk into the bathroom you stub your little toes on the door frame.

E
 Stash 19 May 2012
In reply to cliff shasby: you don't have particularly wide feet cliff.
Didn't spend much time with you today as I was busy chasing shoplifters. Your feet are just a bit wider than normal from my experience.
OP cliff shasby 20 May 2012
In reply to Stash: yep,thats the conclusion i have come to i think,its just that i was quite suprised how the scarpas fit in a bigger size that i am used to,like no compression in the fore and midfoot and no heel lift at all.
ive worn sportivas for so long and loved the way they climb but always suffered with cold feet sometimes painfully cold feet,i started to think that i dont need a warmer boot just one that fits better and dosent pressure my feet due to width/height etc in the fore and midfoot,i'll call in when the other boots are in stock.
thanks cliff...
 MJ 20 May 2012

according to my rough measure 25cm length 25cm circumference,ive got square feet...;_)

...or perhaps even round ones!
You can't get narrow shoes to fit properly?
 Bulls Crack 20 May 2012

You leave footprints in the butter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...