ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Commercial exploitation

olliebenzie - on 20 May 2012
I have just read a thread where ĎMandyí reports about very large groups using Avon Gorge.

I too have experienced this and Iím no way near as nice as Mandy because Iím not going to say its fine I donít believe it is.

Avon Gorge is free to use (it is for me and I assume that it is for commercial groups?). So how can it be fair that outdoor pursuit companies are allowed to cash in on this free resource at the expense of people using it on a recreational level?

Itís over crowded, I believe there is a booking system through the council for groups, I donít believe they would allow this many commercial groups there on a weekend so someoneís probably not following the rules.

All the usual stuff about polishing routes etc, I donít normally jump on this band wagon but I was a bit pissed of when I saw the ab rope down independent route.

Lastly, hopefully Dick or Martin can answer/request. Do Commercial groups have to pay to use the site or is it purely an exploitation of everyoneís crag?
If they donít pay to use it perhaps they should make a donation each time they visit to the Avon revival project, so that bolt, peg and tatty bits of string fund is contributed to by the people who could be seen to be taking the piss a bit.

... not showing 37 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums