Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - High speed wobble!

ablackett - on 23 May 2012
I am fairly new to road biking, having done a couple of hundred miles over the last 6 months.

I have just got back from a ride and had a major wobble going at 47mph and would like to understand why.

The road was straight and steep, I was down on the drops and looking forward, there wasn't much wind. I don't know what order all this happened in but I remember thinking "i'm going pretty quick, better slow down, reaching for the rear break, getting a major wobble left to right a few times, slowing down and the wobble stopping. I don't know if the wobble was before or after I hit the breaks, but it lasted long enough for me to consider and think through the consequences of hitting the road at the speed I was at. I would guess a long stay in hospital, skin grafts, etc?

What caused the wobble?

Gripping too tightly? Adjusting my balance as I went for the break? Applying the break? Poor bike set up? Any other ideas?

I am pretty keen for this not to happen again!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Andyu
... not showing 33 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums