UKC

Joe Simpson gets down wiv da kidz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toby_W 24 May 2012
In reply to toad: I love it. Thanks for that.

Cheers

Toby
 EZ 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:

"If the worst came to the worst he said, he might "block the little f*****s" or stop tweeting altogether."

Wow am I surprised at the Guardian printing that word and note it doesn't show well for the hardy mountaineer to be called out using it. I'm also surprised at Joe Simpson for using it in 'likely to become public' discourse in the first place. And honestly if you can't keep your language down in public then maybe stopping tweeting altogether might be a good thing.

NB. I despise twitter, liking Double Knee Bar's t-shirt that reads "Tw*tter... nobody cares what you're doing!"

NB2. I am in awe of Joe Simpson's ability to deal with difficulty in an environment that I can only imagine and actually very much liked the book and film Touching The Void, but come on mate tone it down in public.

Scarab9 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:

nice! good on him for saying it how it is.

why though are kids reading that book for GCSE english? It doesn't strike me as particularly worthwhile...though the protracted months of making up bullsh!t subtext that the writer never intended to suggest for various books during my school years may have given me the wrong idea of what it's about...never got why they made us do that.
 Ramblin dave 24 May 2012
In reply to Scarab9:
> (In reply to toad)
>
> though the protracted months of making up bullsh!t subtext that the writer never intended to suggest for various books during my school years may have given me the wrong idea of what it's about..

"In some sense, are we not all falling into a bergschrund? Are we not all crawling across our own glaciers?"
 Tall Clare 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:

Brilliant - "you are a stupid for falling off a mountain"

Joe used to live next door to someone I know. He was apparently not the easiest of chaps.
 Alyson 24 May 2012
In reply to toad: Surely being a crevice wanker would be more satisfying than being a crevasse wanker? Perhaps it depends on the crevasse. Funny article though.
 Dauphin 24 May 2012
In reply to Alyson:

Never read it. I'm guessing there is no chapter where he discussed the most esoteric danger wank ever while hanging from the rope?

D
OP toad 24 May 2012
In reply to Dauphin:
> (In reply to Alyson)
>
> Never read it. I'm guessing there is no chapter where he discussed the most esoteric danger wank ever while hanging from the rope?
>
> D

must not suggest...ok, then

NSFW, but if you go to rathergood.com (and will be sufficiently keen/stupid to not just follow a link)there will be a video which may amuse you on the front page
 JJL 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:

I saw his "presentation" a couple of times. he's very good, but I can't help thinking that maybe it's unhealthy for him to dwell so much on that event. He's fond of his booze too!
 Stevie A 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:
To be fair to the kids, crevasse wanker is a fantastic insult.
In reply to Stevie A:
> (In reply to toad)
> To be fair to the kids, crevasse wanker is a fantastic insult.

+1!

I personally think its great that Mr Simpson was dishing out as good as he was getting.
KevinD 24 May 2012
In reply to toad:

not sure its really a row. Bunch of kids whining and mistaking him for someone who gives a toss and amusing himself for a while till it got boring.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...