ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - "Over the Moors" who grades these routes?

astley007 - on 24 May 2012
Firstly the BMC over the moors guide is fantastic. But....
armed with my new copy of the guide went to Running Hill Pits last night and got a "good spanking"
Mangled digit..never 6a!!! good 6b for those of average size.and E3!!! void (tremadoc) is easier and thats E4!!!
Spanner wall is E3!!!
Windbreaker E2 5b!!! the same grade as Browns Eliminate at Froggatt..know which I'd rather do again..windbreaker much more serious proposition
Then we come to
Cochybondhu (which must be some uppermill dialect for "lets really F*ck them up on this one!!)E1..its hard 6a climbing, very precarious and a serious leg breaker.
These must have been graded by some "yokel local" who is 6ft 7inch have six fingers and never climb anywhere else.
On saying that I will be back for more next week (if the sun shines) but will take the gradings with a pinch of salt!!!!!
However, if I do meet him I will smile, nod my head and agree with his grading..and then make a quick exit.
Its tough in the Chew!!!
... not showing 95 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums