UKC

Goredale main overhang

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 25 May 2012
Anyone done it recently? Or not so recently. Whats the aid like... and the bit before. Either direct or normal. Cheers
OP dunnyg 28 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg: Anyone?
 Bulls Crack 28 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg:

Goredale main overhang? Is there one?
OP dunnyg 28 May 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack: yeah. 5b-A3-4c. in the limestone guide. Apparently used to be one of the "big 3" on yorkshire limestone.
 GeoffG 28 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg:
Yeah. Did it about 30 yrs ago. Reasonably loose first pitch, then good second pitch across undulating roof. Most of the pegs were in place, didn't have to place much myself. God knows what its like now. Think we abbed off after the roof. Did in the middle of winter. Would be a very bad idea to do it if any tourists are below.
Geoff.
OP dunnyg 28 May 2012
In reply to GeoffG: Cheers. Sounds like fun. Will deffinitely make sure its a non-tourist day. Will take some pegs and see what happens.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 29 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg:

It would be a seriously BAD idea to try this route in the summer unless you want to kill some tourist and get climbing in Gordale banned... in my opinion.

The area underneath this route is exactly where folks stand to take photos of the waterfall.

Take care.
OP dunnyg 29 May 2012
In reply to Steve Crowe: Fair enough. will wait a few months untill the weather craps out. cheers
 Sean Kelly 31 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg: Abseiled down to it a couple years back to film someone coming across the overhang and it is all downward pointing flakes. Every now and again one came out and fell towards the watching hoards below. They scattered just like ants. Amazing to view!
 Dave Warburton 31 May 2012
In reply to Sean Kelly: That should make up your mind, Dunny.
 victorclimber 31 May 2012
In reply to dunnyg: needs to be done in winter when its snowing,no tourists around then,and you will keep dryish !!
 Paul Clarke 01 Jun 2012
In reply to dunnyg:
Even then a bad idea I'd say.
Seem to remember a lot of old golos - god knows how bad they will be now!

Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...