Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - MIA trainee looking for teaching days 14-15 July 2012

brockers on 29 May 2012
I am currently working toward MIA assessment in October and for this I need some more practice teaching rock climbing in the multipitch environment.

I'm planning to be in Wales on the weekend 14-15 July and I'd like to offer instruction in rock climbing, the progression into outside/multipitch climbing or learning to lead. Whether you have never been climbing outside before or have some experience of climbing please don't hesitate to contact me.

I have to point out that although I have attended the MIA training course I do not yet hold the Mountaineering Instructors Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multipitch rock climbing in the UK. Although I have undergone the MIA training and have the prerequisite qualifications and experience, I have not yet been assessed. However, I am confident that I can provide good and safe instruction and have had positive feedback from previous students.

I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or any benefits in kind for instruction but as a volunteer with membership of the BMC I am insured for 3rd party liability.

Regards

Simon
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums