UKC

Mont Blanc 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jono002 30 May 2012
Just out of interest, anybody fancy an ascent of Mont Blanc in 2013, whether you have climbed before or fancy a new challenge, either is fine with me.

I have slightly higher ambitions than many of my friends who do not want to risk doing such a climb.

Hit me up if you would like to discuss

Cheers

Jonny
 The Patriot 30 May 2012
In reply to Jono002: I'm off up in June next year with KE if you're interested.
 buzby 30 May 2012
In reply to Jono002: probably get more interest if you put on a profile and dont use phrases like " hit me up" lol.
OP Jono002 31 May 2012
In reply to Jono002: @gleaney, what are the prices like, do they include flights?
 The Patriot 31 May 2012
In reply to Jono002: Price I think is £1795 which is everything,excluding the flights. Have a look at the web site. KE Adventure.
Cheers
 tistimetogo 31 May 2012
In reply to Jono002

"Price I think is £1795 which is everything,excluding the flights."

Mother of mountains! What do you get for that? Sounds like a bivvys and bl#wjobs style arrrangement.
 BigHell 31 May 2012
In reply to Jono002:
> (In reply to Jono002) @gleaney, what are the prices like, do they include flights?

You could do the whole thing for around £500.

Book flight to Geneva with easy jet when the flights become available at Christmas Around £60

Transfer to Chamonix around £40 return Chamexpress or Alpy bus

Allow for refuge huts and cable cars £200

That would leave you with £300 for all the bit and bobs

And of course you need a partner that knows the area ! Do the 3MS route its harder than the goutier but much more rewarding.
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 01 Jun 2012
In reply to bighell:
I am keen
Done a few things in the alps, and done a few climbs in new Zealand where I lve now
Going to the karakorum and Nepal this summer
Tried mont blanc before and weather too bad
Keen for cheaper side of things, and keen tom organise most things ourselves
It is a fairly well beaten path and we should be able to do it by ourselves

aujayeb@doctors.net.uk

Avi
 BigHell 01 Jun 2012
In reply to aujayeb:
> (In reply to bighell)
> I am keen
> Done a few things in the alps, and done a few climbs in new Zealand where I lve now
> Going to the karakorum and Nepal this summer
> Tried mont blanc before and weather too bad
> Keen for cheaper side of things, and keen tom organise most things ourselves
> It is a fairly well beaten path and we should be able to do it by ourselves
>
> aujayeb@doctors.net.uk
>
> Avi

Definitely ! The weather is the main problem,the last two years have been poor,but with a bit of luck MB can be climbed with a two week window. I would camp close to the Midi half way station at the Blue Lake. "Lac Bleu"

youtube.com/watch?v=rODSlirw9YU&

Then get up to the top station the next day and down on to the Vallee Blanche for some much needed acclimatization time. Back down to the Blue lake for tea. Maybe Have a days rest down in Chamonix,then back up to the Midi top station and down to the refuge Des Cosmiques.

http://www.summitpost.org/refuge-cosmique/267759

Start on the 3Ms the next morning. A second night at Refuge Goutier makes for a more enjoyable expieriance,rather than racing to get the last train/cable car down to Les Houches. Once you return to Chamonix retrieve the camping gear. All provisions can be got at Superu which is cheaper than chips .

http://www.superu-chamonix.com/portailu/local/pg_d_sysu_accueil_accueil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...