Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Wrecker's Slab!

BALD EAGLE - on 31 May 2012
Good morning to you all and I hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather!
Last weekend’s sunshine was too good an opportunity to miss out on a smash and grab raid of the 140 metres long Culm Coast sea-cliff adventure route of "Wrecker’s Slab" at Cornakey Cliff in North Cornwall. The route is perfectly described in Rockfax as “one of the longest, most alluring and serious VS climbs in the West Country”. Remarkably my climbing buddies and I saw hardly a soul all day and had the cliff all to ourselves! I guess the Culm Coast is just a bit unfashionable nowadays…
So has anyone else out there got any fond memories of doing this crumbly classic or an epic tale of derring-do to tell? Was the gnome still in-situ on the belay? Did you celebrate your ascent with a calorific cream-tea special at the legendary Rectory Tea Rooms apres-climb?!
Anyway it was a superb and scorchio day and the entertainment was duly recorded on my GoPro camera. So for anyone interested in viewing a short film of this classic adventure route then please use the following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifNQuBPfHJU
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. Finally look out for those crazy buzzin’ flies at the top of pitch 3!
Cheers Dave
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums