/ Gritstone midges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Offwidth - on 31 May 2012
The buggers got me last night as it started drizzling at The Roaches. First time I've had a problem this year and I was hoping it was the first year in a long time I'd make it to June midge free!

Hard to focus on a complex, bold, slightly dirty crux, onsight, especially with a belayer struggling to maintain full attention...I bottled and we went to the pub for the BMC meeting.
SFM - on 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

Sounds like they just wanted the crag to themselves. Did they have wee 5.10's on? ;O)
Chris the Tall - on 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:
Were you in time for the Zumba ?
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Missed it! Midges and zumba in one night sounds like a nightmare!!
In reply to SFM: why pick on me though as I want stealing a classic or a new route? In fact, I suspect I might be the only person to climb that route since the BMC guide was published (twas Coldfinger a VS 4b oft vegetated sandbag).
pebbles - on 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth: did you hear teeny tiny little voices complaining that you were polishing their favourite route?
In reply to pebbles:

...no I guess being eaten alive on a sweaty day, whilst contemplating a slightly dirty and difficult to reverse 4cish looking move, with gear and ledges to hit beneath my feet and 20m of rope below me to stretch and a midge afflicted belayer, distracted me.
ads.ukclimbing.com
a lakeland climber on 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

Gritstone midges ....

How do they fly?

ALC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.