UKC

Ice Factor, Kinlochleven - how busy does it get?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flatus Vetus 05 Jun 2012
I'm off to Glen Coe soon and was wondering can I just turn up at the Ice Factor and book a session or is it best to book in advance?
I'll be there for a week so a weekday session would be preferable. Do they get booked by school parties etc or just climbers hiding from the rain/midges?
 minimike 05 Jun 2012
In reply to Flatus Vetus:

If its for the ice climbing then best to book at least the day before.. I was lucky and got the final place on spec. There are only 8 per session. Well worth it if you've never I've climbed. Just grin and bear the slow start, it gets better fast...
Mike
 isi_o 05 Jun 2012
We get pretty busy with school groups this time of year, but not every day is busy - especially if the weather is nicer outside. If you are needing instruction then it is definitely worth booking in advance. If you are already an ice climber and want to book a slot in the ice wall to climb yourself then you can sometimes get away with just showing up/ giving us a bell on the day to check. There are some days where it isn't possible to do this and more notice is needed, so it just depends how much flexibility you have really.
 Nick_Scots 08 Jun 2012
Yes school parties go, mine did in march last year, we booked weeks ahead. I would book a few days before otherwise you may be disapointed.
Roy 08 Jun 2012

Usually very busy from December thro' to March, when there's no snow or ice outside

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...