/ Snowdon Beacon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mypyrex - on 05 Jun 2012
Was anyone on Snowdon last night? Admittedly I only got as far as the mines above Glaslyn and then backtracked to the lake. All I saw was a small flame lasting about two minutes and three flares.

Yet further afield I saw what I assume was the Moel Famau beacon which together with the fireworks, looked far more impressive and lasted longer.
richprideaux - on 05 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Probably was. I was one of the people lighting the Moel Famau one and it was pretty impressive! The beacon itself was a 10m high scaffold on top of the tower, with a 5-10m high gas flame above that.

Couldn't see anything bigger in North Wales or further afield, so I guess that was what you saw.
mypyrex - on 05 Jun 2012
In reply to shingsowa: Wish I'd gone to the Moel Famau one now :( Any chance of a re-run?
richprideaux - on 05 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I've got some video clips, I'll post a link tomorrow when i get them on Youtube...
rockcatch - on 05 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I was on Carnedd Fach where we had a beacon and a number of flares. A few photos are at http://www.flickr.com/rockcatch

On the 9th photo you can just make out four flares which I presume were set off from the summit of Snowdon in the distance.
climber34neil - on 05 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I was also on moel famau last night and have to say it was a great night with the drummers and band and full of party atmosphere , sunset was also well worth going up for
richprideaux - on 06 Jun 2012
mypyrex - on 06 Jun 2012
In reply to shingsowa: Thanks for the link, good pictures. Wish I'd gone.
Slugain Howff - on 06 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to shingsowa) Thanks for the link, good pictures. Wish I'd gone.

Hope you have learned a valuable lesson there Mr Pyroid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.