/ Scrambling boots old model sought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
yeoboy - on 08 Jun 2012
I don't seem to be able to get a pair of lightweight scrambling boots in the type of Scarpas excellent "El Cap" or the Pre Sports Direct KSB,Anybody know of "Old Stock" anywhere? any recommendations appreciated,
trivett - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:

I think they've been superseded by models such as the scarpa christallo and the la sportiva trango s evo. Both are really good boots for scrambling and climbing.
yeoboy - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to trivett: I've looked ( and tried on) both of those, The "El Cap" seems to have been a bit of a one off design wise.
In reply to yeoboy: Have a look at the La Sportiva Ganda Guide, that's the closest current thing I can think of to the El Cap. Brilliant non-waterproof high-cut approach shoe/boot that climbs really well
Jeremy Ashcroft - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:
> (In reply to yeoboy) Have a look at the La Sportiva Ganda Guide, that's the closest current thing I can think of to the El Cap. Brilliant non-waterproof high-cut approach shoe/boot that climbs really well

I would agree with Dan whole heartedly but I would also take a look at the new Zamberlan Monster GTXs.
In reply to Jeremy Ashcroft: Ooh, not had a go with them yet Jeremy
Jeremy Ashcroft - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: If they fit they are a neat piece of kit, will even take b0/b1 crampon for approach so would be handy for rock routes in the Alps.
Andy_B39 - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy: Not sure if these have hit the shops yet http://www.scarpa.co.uk/approach/ascent-tech-gtx/
They appear to be scarpas answer to the ganda guides.
31770 - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Andy_B39:

FYI - we have the ascent-tech in stock so they're probably available in all the usual places.

mag_to_grid - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:

I used to wear the old KSB's religously, I now have a pair of Scarpa Mistral for similar purposes which are the closest I have found to the originals.
TOS on 08 Jun 2012 - 52ob.scansafe.net
In reply to yeoboy:

Are you interested in hardly worn 2nd hand boots?

I have a pair of Scarpa Mescalito which fit that bill.
yeoboy - on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Gaupa: What size,I'm after 44.
Brownie on 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:
Might still have stock of Scarpa pro- ascent here (treeworker.co.uk) very similar to Mescalito
ads.ukclimbing.com
yeoboy - on 10 Jun 2012
In reply to Brownie: Thanks for the replies in here,I reckon the Scarpa Ascent will be the nearest I will find.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.