UKC

Scrambling boots old model sought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
yeoboy 08 Jun 2012
I don't seem to be able to get a pair of lightweight scrambling boots in the type of Scarpas excellent "El Cap" or the Pre Sports Direct KSB,Anybody know of "Old Stock" anywhere? any recommendations appreciated,
 trivett 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:

I think they've been superseded by models such as the scarpa christallo and the la sportiva trango s evo. Both are really good boots for scrambling and climbing.
yeoboy 08 Jun 2012
In reply to trivett: I've looked ( and tried on) both of those, The "El Cap" seems to have been a bit of a one off design wise.
In reply to yeoboy: Have a look at the La Sportiva Ganda Guide, that's the closest current thing I can think of to the El Cap. Brilliant non-waterproof high-cut approach shoe/boot that climbs really well
Removed User 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:
> (In reply to yeoboy) Have a look at the La Sportiva Ganda Guide, that's the closest current thing I can think of to the El Cap. Brilliant non-waterproof high-cut approach shoe/boot that climbs really well

I would agree with Dan whole heartedly but I would also take a look at the new Zamberlan Monster GTXs.
In reply to Removed UserJeremy Ashcroft: Ooh, not had a go with them yet Jeremy
Removed User 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: If they fit they are a neat piece of kit, will even take b0/b1 crampon for approach so would be handy for rock routes in the Alps.
 Andy_B39 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy: Not sure if these have hit the shops yet http://www.scarpa.co.uk/approach/ascent-tech-gtx/
They appear to be scarpas answer to the ganda guides.
 31770 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Andy_B39:

FYI - we have the ascent-tech in stock so they're probably available in all the usual places.

JohnO1978 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:

I used to wear the old KSB's religously, I now have a pair of Scarpa Mistral for similar purposes which are the closest I have found to the originals.
TOS 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:

Are you interested in hardly worn 2nd hand boots?

I have a pair of Scarpa Mescalito which fit that bill.
yeoboy 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Gaupa: What size,I'm after 44.
 Brownie 08 Jun 2012
In reply to yeoboy:
Might still have stock of Scarpa pro- ascent here (treeworker.co.uk) very similar to Mescalito
yeoboy 10 Jun 2012
In reply to Brownie: Thanks for the replies in here,I reckon the Scarpa Ascent will be the nearest I will find.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...