Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbing wall tie in...

smarsy_93 - on 10 Jun 2012
I was climbing in my local wall the other day, and had a small group of around 3/4 people. All brand new to the sport and were along for a taster and just wanted to get on some routes.

We went over to the top ropes and I tied a figure of eight on a bight, with a stopper knot and put a krab on the loop. This eliminated the phaff of keep tying each individual member in with a re-threaded figure of eight. I screwed up every lean myself and checked all systems before committing people onto the wall and it proved efficient and quick and a lot of climbing was enjoyed by all.

However I was later approached by a member of staff asking me not to use this method and although I understand the wall has rules and will acknowledge their request in the future i just wanted a gauge of peoples opinions, whether they believe it compromises safety or whether it be legitimate?

Note: if any on the group wanted to progress and take to the sport I would teach them properly how to tie in and explain all forms of safety.
... not showing 48 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums