UKC

Using Nikwax spray for sofshells on waterproofs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 10 Jun 2012

Has anybody used Nikwax's spray for softshells on waterproofs, and what were the results?

I'm struggling a little bit to imagine why it wouldn't work, but thought i'd double check before tring it.

Has it only sort of worked for some people, and made the waterproof spray not take as well afterward, or something like that?

Ta,

Tim
In reply to Timmd: The major problem with the spray is the lack of uniformity you get. That said you can concentrate the spray on more vulnerable areas such as the shoulders. I always use wash-in now as I found the spray too much hassle.
Just make sure you wash it properly first. Some will say running you washing machine on a rinse wash first which I find completely pointless as every washing machine rinses after every wash anyway! just make sure the detergent tray is clean.
OP Timmd 10 Jun 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Are the softshell and waterproof sprays pretty much the same do you think?

I've got a Quechua waterproof I use for volunteering which has just started to not bead after a lot of being stuffed into rucksacks and being worn all day, it seems clean enough after coming out of a rinse cycle with my trousers and gaiters which were also muddy. I can't see any mud on it.

Tim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...