Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Slovenia-Trigalev Park-many questions

Richard Popp - on 14 Jun 2012
Hi, got three weeks in Slovenia coming up with wife, she is not a climber but is a strong walker and not agin a bit of very simple scrambling. Chosen Slovenia because Trigalev looks like a proper pointy peak that we can do together with out the phaff of glaciers or ropes. Got bits a pieces of info but looking for any personal suggestions.
Looking at basing ourselves around Bled, any alternatives in the area, any recomenedations for campsites?
I will be taking my rock gear and hope to get two or three days sport climbing in, upto 7a. Any specific shops/websites/cliffs where it might be easier to find partners? Any specific cliffs/bouldering around Bled which are musts?
Will be doing Trigalev, would also like to do hut walk maybe 5/6 days. Loads of routes in guides, any stand out ones? Quietness trumps all. Does BMC membership get you discount in huts?
Might scooch off for a couple of days by the sea, any particualrly good spots?

Slightly sperate, but any good Slovenian book recomendations, like to read a local novel when I am away, got some great recomendations for India from UKC a few years ago, so any suggestions for Slovenia? Good story, quite long are main criteria, any genre, does not have to be "litrature" but dont mind if it is.

Many thanks in advance

Rich
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums