UKC

NEW REVIEW: WITH VIDEO: Primus Omnilite Ti Stove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Jun 2012
Primus Omnilite Ti Stove, 3 kbJonathan Miles tests the lightweight version of the Primus OmniFuel. The Primus OmniLite Ti won a Gold award for outstanding innovation and design achievement at the OutDoor Show in Friedrichshafen last year, and was the Scandinavian Outdoor Overall Winner for summer 2012.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4719
 lanc23 17 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Anyone else only geting the video on monosound? :s
 Gerald Davison 19 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
I've had one of the original Omni Fuels for years. Love it. Very powerful and reliable. I mostly use Gas but have used unleaded and Coleman Fuel (white gas) in America where gas in small cylinders can be hard to obtain.
In reply to lanc23:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Anyone else only geting the video on monosound? :s

Oh yes, looks like I forgot to tick the option for both channels when exporting. Just right speaker at the moment.

Alan
 gethin_allen 19 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
So how long does it take to boil water and can you simmer food with it? etc etc.

not a great deal of useful info in that review, more just a nice add for some quite expensive coffee heated on a very expensive stove.

In reply to gethin_allen: Hi gethin. From the written review:

Boiling time: 2.40 min (+ preheating 40 sec)

'Getting the stove to simmer was easily achieved by turning down the main control on the stove body, then tweaking with the control on the fuel source. The control offered means this is a stove that can do everything from boil in the bag to rustling up a full gourmet meal. I did, however, notice that at really low power the stove had a tendency to blow out when you removed a pan from the heat.'
In reply to gethin_allen:
> So how long does it take to boil water and can you simmer food with it? etc etc.

As Dan says, that is at the top of the article. Also in the video review it took me 2 mins 11 seconds, also stated in a caption.

Alan
 Edvin m 19 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Have you used the original Omnifuel? Is so how does the simmering ability and blow-out problems compare?

I got the original but lost my pump a couple of month ago and thinking about upgrading but the simmering ability is crap and it does often blow out so that's putting me of a bit.
In reply to Edvin m:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Have you used the original Omnifuel? Is so how does the simmering ability and blow-out problems compare?

I only used it to make the video and then forwarded it to Jonathan for the review. I will try and get him to answer your question.

Alan
In reply to Edvin m:

I'm afraid I have not used the original OmniFuel having been an MSR man up to this point. I have experienced blow out problems with both the Dragonfly and Whisperlite at full power especially in gusty conditions. I have not had a chance to test the OmniLite in strong wind yet but the windshield is higher and better than those supplied with my MSR stoves (>5 years old so I don't know about current models).

The blow out problems were only at very low power with the stove just ticking over and can be managed by turning the stove up slightly before removing the pan. Overall I was impressed with the simmering ability of the stove and would rate it above the Dragonfly.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...