UKC

El Cap Nose record...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Fielding 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: First reports say just under 13 minutes off the record.
OP jon 17 Jun 2012
In reply to Andy Fielding:

Yes, it was 2:36. Incredible eh!
 Styx 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon:

I thought I just heard a million souls all cry out at once...

Oh, that would've been Dean Potter hearing the news then.
 pffft 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: makes my 20 minute "speed" solo ascent of Corvus look lame in comparison.
 beardy mike 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: Mental...
 DJayB 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: That is gobsmacking
 clochette 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: Wow that's really incredible! Would be good to see a film of it. Probably took them longer to come down that it did to climb up, especially if fuelled by a few beers at the top.
 Hannes 17 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: Amazing, I've climbed 3 pitch routes slower than that, imagine doing 31 at pretty hard grades. Did anyone else catch that picture of Alex Honnold leading short fixed up some 5.11? He basically had a 30m rope loop tied into the belay as Hans Florine was jugging the line.
 Enty 17 Jun 2012
In reply to Hannes:

6th pic down - http://www.elcapreport.com/content/elcap-report-61412
Honnold "soloing" Pancake Flake on a practice ascent earlier this week.

E
 Jus 18 Jun 2012
In reply to jon:

Didn't Alex say after his solo of the Triple that he was going to just going to boulder for while?!
 John2 18 Jun 2012
In reply to Jus: 'If you ever see me in a boat, you have permission to shoot me', as Steve Redgrave said.
 beardy mike 18 Jun 2012
In reply to Jus: I suppose when you've just done the triple, The Nose IS a boulder problem? Must have had one hell of a crash pad mind
 Bulls Crack 18 Jun 2012
In reply to jon:

Incredible yes. But not sure why the whole speed thing is so important
 GrahamD 18 Jun 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack:

You can't help feeling that if your life's ambition was to climb the Nose (in normal style) and someone came belting through you on your day 2, it would take a bit of edge off it for you.
 beardy mike 18 Jun 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack: It's not so important - it's just a different game with different rules. Either you like it or you don't - that's just personal... If you are excited by an athletic performance then this has to rank up there - you're impressed by this the same way as I'm impressed by bouldering!
 Franco Cookson 18 Jun 2012
In reply to mike kann: not to mention the logistics, tactics and cunning- or was that just three synonyms?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...