/ Would you trust these on a wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
clare_bear - on 19 Jun 2012
I just came across stick on bouldering holds! Can these really be a safe and viable option? Wondering if anyone in the world of UKC would either use or buy.. I personally wouldn't touch, although a friend did say good practice for outdoor climbing.. I guess because you'll never know if the hold is going to stay on or not?

They're on ebay.. made by these guys http://www.tsunholds.com/
Darron - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear:

Interesting idea. Worth remembering that bolts are glued into place too and we accept that as the norm.
mkean - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear:
I wouldn't worry about the glue breaking, the plywood would probably go first. They are quite low profile so the force on them will actually be relatively small, you won't be levering them off the wall :-)

I wouldn't fancy them as they you can't remove them to clean them or reset the wall.
jkarran - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear:

Loads of glue area and loaded from the center of the disk so not the worst-case edge peeling load... Yeah, assuming the glue is adequate (easy) and they're on good flat wood I wouldn't worry about them. Simple clever stuff :)

jk
Arms Cliff - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear: The stick on ones only appear to be little smears, they look like they would be great for really poor footholds on a steep fixed board. All the other holds have bolt holes.
nniff - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear:

You can get applique armour kits for vehicles and helicopters - the hexagonal armour tiles are held on with velcro, which in turn is stuck on. You need a lever to get the tile off again, but that just separates the velcro
andyb211 - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear: COOOL I'm getting some for my rack!!!!!! Instant holds just where I need them.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Trangia - on 19 Jun 2012
In reply to clare_bear:

If it's the same glue as my stick on hooks behind the bathroom door then definitely NOT! Unless you want to finish up as an ungainly lump on the floor like my towel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.