UKC

NEWS: VIDEO SERIES: Jonathan Siegrist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Jun 2012
JStar Video Series, 4 kbIn this three part video series we follow professional climber Jonathan Siegrist (JStar) around North America as he hits different areas from Western Canada to Kentucky.

Along the way 'JStar' climbs new routes and repeats area classics, and ultimately faces his greatest challenge to date.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67203

Durbs 20 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

You lost me at "JStar"
 Fishmate 20 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

nice vids, but do they have to play the music whilst the talent is talking???? Couldn't hear a word he said half the time
 langar27 20 Jun 2012
In reply to Durbs: Agree!! Jstar?? UKC failure on these videos...boring, boring boring!!
 psychomansam 21 Jun 2012
Really nice vids thanks lads
 psychomansam 21 Jun 2012
Just watched the last one, and thought I'd say again, really inspiring, as well as being an interesting insight into his mind and drive.

Good analogy for life too
 ericinbristol 21 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

If someone over here went around trying to call himself JStar he would have the piss taken out until he got a grip.
 Rampikino 21 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Ditto to "lost me at JStar"

hexcentric 21 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:
maybe it was my state of mind late last night but i was bored out my teetaays with these.
 Fraser 21 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

I thought these were all pretty good. Okay, the nickname's a bit **** but in terms of footage, effort and insight to his character, I found it interesting viewing. He came over as a really decent, articulate guy too.
 langar27 21 Jun 2012
In reply to hexcentric: AGREE!!! So bloody boring. I'm more entertained watching paint dry.
 Andy Donson 21 Jun 2012
In reply to all:

The "Jstar" is most likely an ironic joke, as he comes accross a pretty understated character. More likely its just a sense of sarcastic humor failure on your parts
 ericinbristol 21 Jun 2012
In reply to Andy Donson:

He wasn't nicknamed Jstar by others in sarcastic humour. He chose Jstar for himself.
 RossKirtley 21 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News: Looking through the tragically shit nickname; i thought this was a great little series of videos. The climbing was fantastic and all brilliantly shot. I usually find sport flicks to be painful viewing but his seemed to just work.
 Morgan Woods 22 Jun 2012
In reply to RossKirtley:

Agree.

- stunning scenery
- well shot
- some obscure crags
- unobtrusive music
- thoughtful and articulate subject

what's not to like?
 Kemics 22 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:

whoa, what's not to like. Thought it was a really cool video series...More like this please!

How on earth could you get wound up by someone's nickname. I'm sure you're all no doubt the life and soul of the party.

Max factor 23 Jun 2012
In reply to RossKirtley:
> (In reply to UKC News) Looking through the tragically shit nickname.

He's a Sceptic. Aussie cricketers and Sceptics have to have nicknames. It's the rule. Not sure you can hold that against him!

I enjoyed the vids, beautifully shot and really good climbing style, clearly bags of strength as he is still styling it on what are clearly hard, hard moves. Also, refreshing lack of ego and 'send it dude', over the top US climberisms which are so prevalent in e.g. bouldering videos.
 Fraser 23 Jun 2012
In reply to Max factor:
> (In reply to RossKirtley)
> [...]
>
> He's a Sceptic.

If you're going to try and use rhyming slang at least spell it correctly!
 Calder 23 Jun 2012
In reply to Max factor:
> [...]
>
>...Also, refreshing lack of ego and 'send it dude', over the top US climberisms which are so prevalent in e.g. bouldering videos.

There is some stunning footage in here - partcicularly in that third vid, but he came across as being far too clinical and stale for me. And although I realise there must be some in him, he just seems to be completely lacking in passion.
 Max factor 23 Jun 2012
In reply to Fraser

ha, yes. fail on that one!
 Morgan Woods 23 Jun 2012
In reply to Max factor:
> [...]
>
> He's a Sceptic.

I'm not so sure :p

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...