UKC

Font washout next weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 exploringtim 22 Jun 2012
Hey guys,

What's the weather been line in Font recently? I've been monitoring the long-range forecast as I'm heading down there next weekend and am now concerned it may well be a washout! What do you guys think?

Moreover, if it is a washout, what shall we do?

Cheers, Tim
 gingerdave13 22 Jun 2012
In reply to exploringtim: short showers can dry off pretty quickly so long as you're at open/windy areas. Just shelter under a nearby boulder. So don't just give up at the first sign of rain.

As for alternatives.. visit the patisseries in milly la foret and try to consume as many as possible? They're soooo tasty!
 Castleclimber 23 Jun 2012
I agree with Dave. I was there at the beginning of the month and we got a morning tain storm every day at 11am. One day was so bad (black skies blotting out the sun) that we went to Paris for the day. By the time we exited Notre Dame, there were perfect clear blue skies and we missed out on some amazing climbibg hours getting back to Font. Just go; ignore all weather forecasts and if you need one more in your car, send me a mail
 BoulderBus 24 Jun 2012
In reply to exploringtim:

Accuweather for barbizon is showing a good forecast, so we're sticking with that one!

We're all set for another fun trip....
 Beardyman 24 Jun 2012
In reply to exploringtim: Aye, just go for it, I've had days where it rained on and off until about 3pm, we still got a good few hours in before it got dark on dry rock.
OP exploringtim 26 Jun 2012
Thanks everyone - the weather is hopefully looking up now we're getting closer to the date. The whole weather system in europe is so screwed right now!

If it does shower for periods, what areas / circuits dry off quickest that are around the 4 - 6 grade?

Cheers!
OP exploringtim 26 Jun 2012
And funnily enough i've just checked back on accu weather again and its now saying some showers... the weather is more changeable than ever!
 Beardyman 26 Jun 2012
In reply to exploringtim: Just head to one of the more open, exposed areas and you'll find something dry to play on.

Gorge Aux Chats
Cul De Chien
Cuvier Rampart

All quick drying.
 Bruce Hooker 26 Jun 2012
In reply to exploringtim:

It's hardly stopped raining in Seine et Marne this week and the forecast for the weekend is wet too. This must be about the worst summer in 40 years, in fact we haven't had a summer yet.

Sorry.
 fried 26 Jun 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker:

Surely can't be the worst..it only started a couple of days ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...