UKC

Highlander mountain marathon & via ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 23 Jun 2012
Watched this today, very good use on an hour

iplayer / sport / the adventure show

<posted link but UKC says no>
 yer maw 23 Jun 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Will watch but can you give more details?? I'll kick-off my annual debate on Via-Ferrata i.e. get them on some of Scotlands mountains for all to enjoy. Then along come the NIMBY people who say it is ok to partake in the Alps but not here.
OP wilkie14c 23 Jun 2012
In reply to yer maw:
Relax! Its cameron mcneesh on via ferrata in spain, showing what you can do in just a long weekend. The mountain marathon is good, a 2 dayer in torridon. shows old and young enjoying it and it isn't anywhere near as competitve as I'd have thought it would be. Looks they they were actually enjoying it!
 yer maw 23 Jun 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Well if Cameron McP*sh can do it anybody can, is that the message. A long weekend to via ferrata in Spain, as if. I know what I'd be doing instead. I rue the day they let him on the Adventure Show, haven't we got anybody else??
OP wilkie14c 23 Jun 2012
In reply to yer maw: Griff rhys jones?
 crustypunkuk 23 Jun 2012
In reply to yer maw:
Here here. I find myself unable to watch his segments on the likes of the adventure show- his smugness literally makes me throw things at the tv.
I'm glad i'm not alone in my distaste for the self appointed voice of the hills.
 verygneiss 23 Jun 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

I like watching Cameron McNeish because I enjoy playing The Jumper Game. It's very simple: just count the number of different jumpers/jackets/tops he wears in a scene which is ostensibly a single walk/hike. I've got 6 before, he must have a hell of a rucksack.
OP wilkie14c 23 Jun 2012
In reply to verygneiss:
Ha! like that bloke off Coast - the one with the man bag. Bet hes just got this weeks Zoo and an apple in it
 verygneiss 23 Jun 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Neil McGregor I think he's called, most of his shows are just sweeping shots of his long, flowing creepy-guy hair blowing about on top of headlands/promontories/monuments/hills.
OP wilkie14c 23 Jun 2012
In reply to verygneiss:
Like Samson, if we cut his hair he'll lose his powers
In reply to verygneiss:
He's called Neil Oliver. What's wrong with hair? - thw e world was a better place when we all had it- then the baldy-bastards came along
OP wilkie14c 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:
big girl. go and sort your platts out
nickyrannoch 24 Jun 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

the gratuitous mcpish massage scene was particularly unneccesary and unnerving
interdit 24 Jun 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch:
> (In reply to blanchie14c)
>
> the gratuitous mcpish massage scene was particularly unneccesary and unnerving

You see, up until this point no one had mentioned it and we were all able to continue pretending it never really happened.
 AlH 24 Jun 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch: Ooooh you had to remind me.... (shudders).
 Jack Frost 24 Jun 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch:

The massage scene was particularly gruesome. I don't thank you for causing my mind to dredge that image from the bowels of my memory.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...