UKC

Targasonne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StuartCJones 01 Jul 2012
Is Targasonne worth the drive if Font is under the weather?
 fried 01 Jul 2012
In reply to StuartCJones:

Yes, It's fantastic, but a long way from Font.
 Ron Kenyon 01 Jul 2012

It is a fair haul - big area and if you are into bouldering would a place to go to. Could be a bit too hot in the summer on the south facing sections though - is this a problem !! with the weather we are having !
OP StuartCJones 01 Jul 2012
It would be the week after next I'm going, but yeah the heat would make a nice change! This summer has me looking pretty pale so far.

I have 5 days to explore so I'd get a good three days climbing out there given the drive.

Any idea what camping / accommodation is available?
 fried 01 Jul 2012

http://www.camping-la-griole.com

Very friendly and you can don't even have to walk to climb.
Sweet. Cheers mate.
lanky_suction1 01 Jul 2012

I wasn't that impressed with Targasonne, I didn't think the rock was that good (quite sharp granite). Annot would be another possibility, lovely sandstone bouldering in nice surroundings.
I'll check that out too, no harm in having a few back up plans.
 Ron Kenyon 02 Jul 2012
In reply to Ron Kenyon:

There is also Bloc D'Orlu near Ax les Thermes just to the north and also bouldering in the wood (I forget the name) near Vicdessos near Tarascon north again - in the Ariege.

I am off out tomorrow for a couple of week but probable have only one day at Targasonne with all the walking and crags to go to. Might see you there.
 john arran 02 Jul 2012
In reply to Ron Kenyon:

Orlu and Laramade both have some lovely bouldering which can be great for a day or two each but neither is extensive and I think I'd be pretty underwhelmed if I'd driven all the way from Paris expecting a Font substitute. Targassone is much bigger and better.
OP StuartCJones 02 Jul 2012
That's really helpful info. Thanks guys. And yeah Ron, I might see you out there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...