UKC

Cheap 2 man tent, to last a week only :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scarab 08 Jul 2012
Dont want to take my Hilleberg this time, going to a festival in Portugal.

Anyone with any experience of the cheap 1-2 man tents from argos / halfords? Would like something with 2 skins as its going to be hot hot hot...
 thin bob 08 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:
Got an urban escape family tent (halfords) that's been good. people rave about the 'tiger paws' argos tent.

Had a decent dome tent from decathlon & would go there again in preference to argos/halfords, if only because you can see them pitched and they don't mind (so much) if you unpack on to have a look.
 thin bob 08 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:
Tip for much heat: damp cloth. water spray, garden mister or similar: spray in the air above you & it cools as it descends
 thin bob 08 Jul 2012
In reply to thin bob: oh, and you can also undo & collapse the inner tent during the day. at least it stops hot air building up
almost sane 09 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:
Why not also take an awning or tarp for shade?
 digby 09 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:

Just visit any popular lovely national park after a sunny or bank holiday weekend and you will have your pick of 2 man tents for no cost at all. And possibly some other free gifts too.
 SFM 09 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:

What's cheap, less than £50 or closer to £20? Will a pop up suffice or you after a "normal" tent?
 SFM 09 Jul 2012
In reply to SFM:

2 man 2.8kg 2 skin £30 - could be a winner!
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-ion-2-p108986
 SFM 09 Jul 2012
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

Although that Ozark one from Asda looking like the Federer to my Murray!
 Ridge 09 Jul 2012
In reply to digby:
> (In reply to Scarab)
>
> Just visit any popular lovely national park after a sunny or bank holiday weekend and you will have your pick of 2 man tents for no cost at all. And possibly some other free gifts too.

Yep, or visit a festival site when the hordes have departed.

http://northern-indymedia.org/articles/927

Quite depressing reading.
OP Scarab 10 Jul 2012
Thanks!! Thats some superb suggestions, spent 20 pounds, and will make sure I give my tent to someone after Ive used it!

Bimble 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab:

If you do want to chuck it afterwards, let me know. I'm now involved with a fledgling charity that is going to start recycling old festival tents & other unwanted camping gear from donations, then giving it to families on low-incomes in the UK so they get to have a holiday.
kwackers777 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab: My Vango Alpha 250 was £35 and it survived a snow blizzard and -12 on scarfel pike in January, so I'd probably recommend that
 ceri's 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab: Our £37 Wynnster 3-man tent, meant as a one festival only tent, has survived half a dozen Download festivals, a weekend in Skye, several fortnights in Alpine valley campsitess and has been base camp for several endurance MTB races. Only had to mend it twice - small rip in the flysheet after the previous two Download festivals. Nowt a needle and thread won't cope with! I'm now viewing it as a challenge to see how long it'll be useful for.
 lithos 12 Jul 2012

in really hot sunny places get a space blanket or 2 and put over the flysheet- works pretty well at reflecting the heat - and cheap as chips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...