UKC

NEWS: VIDEO + INTERVIEW: Steve McClure on Hubble 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Jul 2012
Steve McClure on Hubble - F8c+ - Raven Tor, 4 kbA brilliant video of Steve MCclure climbing Raven Tor test-piece Hubble, 8c+.

"Hubble was the word on everybody's lips. It was the ultimate bench mark."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67248

Kemics 11 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News:

" I'm relatively weak and use technique to get up stuff."

would be a lot more believable if on the page it wasn't right next to a photo of him with forearms like i've got thighs
 Reach>Talent 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Kemics:
You must have skinny thighs! In all fairness I think he implied was weak for a 9a/b sport climber
 progrupicola 11 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News: What a nice guy,humble and very strong,to me one the few on the top of the game in a time ruled by kings and wizards,..super class
Craig Smith 12 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Hat's off to Ben and Steve. The footage at the end is amazing and the synergism with the choice of soundtrack is sublime.

Brill!

C
 Ramon Marin 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Craig Smith:

I get the history, I get the hard climbing, and Steve is a legend, but god, that's got to be one of the most uninspiring lines I ever seen
 plyometrics 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Craig Smith:

Agreed, awesome little vid' with some nice 'historic' touches.
 thommi 12 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News: without meaning to be funny (wicked climbing! Love it!) But is Steve a Hari Krishna or has he simply missed a bit when shaving his head?
xyz 13 Jul 2012
In reply to thommi:
> (In reply to UKC News) without meaning to be funny (wicked climbing! Love it!) But is Steve a Hari Krishna or has he simply missed a bit when shaving his head?

Yeh I noticed that too and was wondering if the drag induced by the little quiff my have actually made climbing Hubble that bit harder for Steve?

Nic 13 Jul 2012
In reply to xyz:

I think Ben did it in his dreadlock phase, which probably made it the world's first 9a...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...