UKC

Tail Bone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kaltik 14 Jul 2012
So fell yesterday from only about 4ft....hit my tail bone on a stone. Writing this standing up as the sofa looks like a bed of nails. Thought after quiting skating, the day's of doing this were over! Anyone else did this....maybe I should get a mat.... lol
 _MJC_ 14 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik: No but it sounds unbelievably painful.
In reply to kaltik: I once did the same thing while sledging on a plastic bag, small stone embedded in frozen ice hit me squarely on the coccyx and i couldn't get in my car without doing all kind of contortions for about three weeks.
 sprucemoose 14 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik:

Should have stuck to rollerblading... I get hurt more often since I started climbing, the injuries are just different.
 Trangia 14 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik:

I broke my coccyx once - very painful. Took about 5/6 weeks to recover.

Good luck!
OP kaltik 14 Jul 2012
In reply to sprucemoose: I should have haha. Why can't I take up something easy...like curling, or golf.... always gotta be a sport where death is classed as an exiting part about it!
 colina 14 Jul 2012
In reply to Trangia: the fact u can stand imust be a good thing ,a friend of a friend of mine ended up parilised from falling on his tailbone from a lot less than 4 foot.
hope yore better soon mte.
OP kaltik 14 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik: Also...haven't broke it, it's just ............. insert your own word..s here lol
OP kaltik 16 Jul 2012
In reply to colina: that's rough. seen some wild injuries in my years but nothing like that.
 exploringtim 17 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik:

Were you bouldering with a beer mat or something? I can't imagine bouldering without a pad on anything but easy routes I'd repeated many times (even then bad things can still happen, and i'd prefer having a pad).

Have a speedy recovery - and get a mat
 John Ww 17 Jul 2012
In reply to exploringtim:
> (In reply to kaltik)
>
> I can't imagine bouldering without a pad on anything but easy routes I'd repeated many times (even then bad things can still happen, and i'd prefer having a pad).

Somehow the user name just doesn't match the sentiment expressed
 exploringtim 19 Jul 2012
In reply to John Ww:

Ha! I used to be more reckless, but had a nasty ankle injury so now play it (more) safe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...