UKC

repair ripped prima loft jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 anomm 14 Jul 2012
Hey guys. I was recently lowering myself of a rock when i slipped and the sleeve of my much loved rab primaloft jacket ripped or looks like its burnt. I dont actually wear it climbing for this specific reason but this was just on a mountain walk.

Im really not sure how to repair it and google doesn't seem to have any answers. It will be impossible to sew as its like a hole rather than a slit so thought i might have to patch it up or maybe duck tape is the only answer

any help? cheers
Kit Monster 14 Jul 2012
In reply to anomm: Duct tape will do it, if you want something that look a little nicer then you can get in contact with LSR lancashire sports repair and they do propper repair jobs on that sort of thing.
or you can get gore tex patches (i know the jacket isnt waterproof but it will look slightly better quality) from outdoor stores that will proable come with some sealant gule.

i hope this helps.
 Nickster 14 Jul 2012
In reply to anomm:
Get a quote from Tundra Repairs to have it repaired properly
 Margaret 14 Jul 2012
In reply to anomm: I have used spinnaker or sail tape to repair a Patagonia belay jacket. Does a really good job. It is available in black and a few other colours and can be got from Chandlers or from Amazon.
 lumu_tit 14 Jul 2012
In reply to anomm: Spinnaker tape can also be purchased from ebay for a couple of quid, Does the job perfectly as mentioned by Margaret and doesn't look too shabby neither,
If the hole is only small, cut a disc out of the tape.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...