UKC

Good climbing walls in London?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AllThingsAlpine 15 Jul 2012
I have a friend who is looking for some good climbing walls in the London area. He's fairly new to the sport, so would also be interested in a venue that can give starting out lessons.

http://www.allthingsalpine.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89

Anyone able to suggest anything?
 Indy 15 Jul 2012
In reply to AllThingsAlpine:

Can personally recommend The Castle and the West Way Sports Centre.

I did the basic starters course at The Castle (2009) and they really were top notch. Its a great place for beginners if busy at times.
boulder_mad 16 Jul 2012
In reply to AllThingsAlpine: try the reach in woolich fantastic venue have a good balance of bouldering and bottom roping.
also travel to harlow again a good centre wich offers instruction due to it being training venue who run courses.
 mattc 16 Jul 2012
In reply to AllThingsAlpine: West way or castle
i.munro 16 Jul 2012

I haven't done any of their courses myself but from what I've seen the courses at W1

http://www.high-sports.co.uk/climbing_site.php?site=west1

look to be really well thought out.
 Ralphus 16 Jul 2012

The Reach

Very beginner friendly and there is a regular meet on tuesdays and thursdays for people of all abilities (from F2 upto F7a) but predominantly all members did their beginner course there. Very friendly supportive bunch, will soon have your friend hooked for life.

www.meetup.com/south-east-climbing-and-social/

R
 collywob 16 Jul 2012
In reply to AllThingsAlpine: Mile End is very good for starting out. More of a bouldering gym, but the beginers course gives you everything you nee to get bouldering/belaying and they have a good sport / indoor leading course after that. If bouldering is enough for your friend then also the Arch / The Biscuit.

Otherwise The Castle and Westway are very good as others have said. (both have a lot more routes than Mile End but a lot less bouldering)

Really depends on where in London your friend is based.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...