UKC

Climbing partner for Himalaya 8000m peak this autum

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Danny2009 16 Jul 2012
Hi,
I'm planning to go to Nepal this Sept. for 8000m expedition.
Still haven't closed neither the destination (originally wanted to go to Shishapangma but have heard that Tibet is going to be closed this autumn... ) nor the exact dates or agency.
Would love to match up with somebody who is planning the same.
My mail: danyg2009@gmail.com
Cheers!
Danny
 Axel Smeets 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Danny2009:

originally wanted to go to Shishapangma but have heard that Tibet is going to be closed this autumn... )

Yep, my plans to be on Cho Oyu in six weeks time have been cancelled. Best of luck.

Axel Smeets 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Axel Smeets:

FYI, Manaslu looks like it will be absorbing the Cho Oyu people this year (as in 2008).
 sweenyt 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Axel Smeets:

Ive got no desire to go on an 8000m exped, but when you say tibet is closed...?

weather, politics,visas etc?? what makes it closed?
 Axel Smeets 16 Jul 2012
In reply to sweenyt:

Various factors are making it difficult at present for foreigners entering the country. Google 'Tibet closed 2012' and various websites will fill you in.

The OP used the term 'closed', not me.
 sweenyt 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Axel Smeets:

sory, not aimed at you in particular!!
 Axel Smeets 16 Jul 2012
In reply to sweenyt:

No worries. I did come across a little sharp!

Obtaining the required documentation to enter Tibet has been a real issue this summer. There's a lot of bad stuff happening and the Chinese simply don't want foreigners in Tibet. I'm also lead to believe the Chinese mountaineering authorities are making it very difficult for expedition companies to operate in the region.

Tibet 'closes' on a regular basis it seems. This is another period of instability and uncertainty for anyone wanting to go there. Disappointed not to be going, but a few events this week to family and friends put any selfish disappointment into perspective. And let's not forget the Tibetans who are being shit on each day but the Chinese.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...