UKC

BATMAN!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkskys 19 Jul 2012
Ok so the trilogy is coming to an end, who's going to see it?
 yogi2749 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Hell yes, I cant wait... I'm going Wednesday!
 Radioactiveman 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

Start nights tonight for 12 nights so will have to wait. I will feel like a bat by the time I get to see it.
Wonko The Sane 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: I will see it. But I am fully prepared to be disapointed. How can it be better than Dark Knight with Heath Ledger as Joker?? Made the film really. So they'd better be bloody creative!
OP Darkskys 19 Jul 2012
In reply to yogi2749: I'm catching it tomorrow night, although a few friends are going at 5am. I can't wait, think I might even get my Batman t-shirt out
 AdCo82 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane:

agreed he was awesome but I have heard Tom Hardy is meant to play a pretty good role!!!
 UKC Forums 19 Jul 2012
This thread was started in the OFF BELAY forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Culture Bunker - A forum dedicated to reviews and discussion of media and the arts. Just read a book? Why not share it by writing a review. Love music? Want to critique the latest releases? The Culture Bunker is the place. Seen a play or a film? Let's hear about it. This is the place to come if you are looking for a book, album or film recommendation.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Simon Caldwell 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
> coming to an end

yeah, right.
thom8822 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: tickets booked for 0950 tommorow morning. best day of my life im hoping,
In reply to thom8822: "....best day of my life im hoping"

loss of virginity, falling in love, wedding day, birth of first child or a ten to ten am showing of the third sequel of Batman at the local cinema?
thom8822 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Game of Conkers: wel first child due 27th dec 2012 so heres hoping it doesnt coincide with the dvd realese. so yeah wel put best day "so far"
In reply to thom8822: lol!
OP Darkskys 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane: No one can beat Heath Ledgers role, he was a demon! Although I'm expecting more of a story line than action epic.
Bane wasn't one of my favourite charecters although I'm a massive fan of Tom Hardy...so I'll be hanging on till tomorrow!!!
 LaylayPants 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

Well in Cardiff on tuesday while showin the graduation ceremony over the big screen by St David's Hall, one name called out sounded a lot like Batman Wang.
Unfortunate or Epic?
Discuss...

But excited for more caped crusader! Although I'm not sure how the funny lisp gadget means no one knows his true identity... But I do want that bike from dark knight!
In reply to LaylayPants: Nutter kills 8 people in Denver premier !
In reply to Game of Conkers: POlice confirm 14 dead now
 yogi2749 20 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: What's wrong with people?
thom8822 20 Jul 2012
In reply to Game of Conkers: confirmed as 12 dead and 50 wounded including 4 month old baby, only in america does it happen, here there was a few batman suits there gas masks bullet proof vests, supposed leaders of the free world,
Pan Ron 20 Jul 2012
In reply to thom8822:
To be fair, there's been a fair number of shootings in Europe in recent years, not to mention the general carnage elsewhere in the world on a daily basis.

Where is Batman when you need him?
 USBRIT 20 Jul 2012
In reply to David Martin:Many many shootings+ stabbings EVERY day in US ..more so in the Wild West. You in UK never hear of most of them unless its like today a very high head count.
 Blue Straggler 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
> (In reply to Wonko The Sane) No one can beat Heath Ledgers role, he was a demon!

Someone in THE SAME FILM totally outclassed Ledger (who I do rate highly btw)
OP Darkskys 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Got back from watching it tonight...no spoilers needed but that story line was absolute genious!!!
thom8822 21 Jul 2012
In reply to David Martin: its a fair point but mass murders around europe and uk are generally people claiming to have a purpose cause duty etc. what was this guys point? my comments were based on the fact that its usually just few guys with no clear agenda other than random shootings. looking back at columbine or virginia tech uni its just rebels without a cause.
Pan Ron 21 Jul 2012
In reply to thom8822:
I'm not sure claims to a cause make it any better. And given the size of the US, you will have a greater proportion of people who are sufficiently mentally unstable to want to cause carnage.

Its sad for the people killed but equally sad for the killer. Much like the chap last week who knifed his kids and then himself, you have to wonder about the dark place these people get in to. Could they have been spotted earlier and given the help they needed?

Of course, with the right to bear arms causing chaos like this, and the rightwing gun-nut lobby blind to what is happening in front of them, the US' persuit of "personal freedom from regulation" does seem missguided, to say the least
thom8822 21 Jul 2012
In reply to David Martin: im not saying its right or acceptable if a cause is clear and yes maybe they could of been picked up sooner but this guy only had a speeding ticket to his name, unfortunately this is now a common part of life throughout the world
 christoph owen 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
> (In reply to Darkskys) Got back from watching it tonight...no spoilers needed but that story line was absolute genious!!!

Saw it yesterday and was quite disappointed overall
 Lead dnf 21 Jul 2012
In reply to christoph owen: With what specifically? I thought Bane wasn't the best villain.
 christoph owen 21 Jul 2012
In reply to thomas m:
> (In reply to christoph owen) With what specifically? I thought Bane wasn't the best villain.

Don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet, but yeah Bane wasn't a great villain plus i dont realy rate Christian Bale
Daithi O Murchu 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

this film is stuffed in the box office now aint it?
In reply to Darkskys: I cannot imagine going to see it in the US.

It'll only take someone letting off a good fart to set off a firestorm from concealed weapons.
OP Darkskys 23 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Have you heard of the petition the US are trying to arrange. They're trying to get Christian Bale to go and see all the Batman fans that survived the shooting!
 nufkin 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

You mean the former Mrs Cruise?
 graeme jackson 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to Darkskys)
> [...]
>
> Someone in THE SAME FILM totally outclassed Ledger (who I do rate highly btw)

michael caine
 Philip 24 Jul 2012
Disappointing ending. Very predictable.

Batman injured (apparently beyond recovery), Robin as the new superhero.

I have to admit I never guessed than Bane would turn out to be Alfred's son.
 graeme jackson 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Philip:
Well, that post didn't spoil the movie for the rest of us.....
 PeterM 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Philip:
> Disappointing ending. Very predictable.
>
> ......

You colossal tool....
Pan Ron 24 Jul 2012
In reply to graeme jackson:

Saved me a couple of quid I suppose, but...yeah.
 Mike-W-99 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
Opening scenes seem to be filmed in scotland? Looked like some very familiar hills theres.
 graeme jackson 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Philip:
> Disappointing ending. Very predictable.
>
> Batman injured (apparently beyond recovery), Robin as the new superhero.
>
> I have to admit I never guessed than Bane would turn out to be Alfred's son.

Either you were trying to be funny or you haven't understood the movie at all.
Saw it on saturday and found it quite enjoyable.
 The Lemming 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

Just seen Batman tonight. Yes I know its been on for weeks but I got round to it. My opinion is, great film but the magic of the last film, with the Joker wasn't in this one. I'd dearly love to do Cat Woman over the Bat Bike, and who wouldn't. Robin was real and believable and Batman was his normal wooden self.

But the villain was just too cheesey and unbelievable right from the beginning. I felt like I was watching the baddy from the Ninja Turtles rather than some supper villain in a Blockbuster.

Great film but not as great as the one before it.

On the plus side, while leaving Cleveleys cinema I was presented with one of the most spectacular of sunsets in many a year. It isn't every day that the air is clear enough to see the sillouette of the Isle of Mann under a fiery sky
 Rank_Bajin 21 Aug 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

Similarly disapointed, enjoyed the opening scene though especially since it was filmed up near Feshiebridge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...