Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Finding a guide for Marmolada Glacier

sarahlizzy - on 22 Jul 2012
I'm part of a party going to the Dolomites for the first half of August. Two of us have been looking to do VF Marmolada, followed by the descent down the glacier for some time. We are experienced ferrataists, but have no ice skills.

For a few months we have been looking for a guide for the glacier portion of the route without success. We have tried are Lake Garda guides, val de Fassa guides and XMountain. We've tried a couple of others, but have forgotten who.

I understand Collette's do this route with a guide, but we are not part of a Collette's tour, choosing to make our own arrangements.

These guides are all either busy, or have not answered the email. At this point we are more or less resigned to not summiting Marmolada, so you guys are our last hope. Any suggestions for someone who would be able to guide a pair of us up VF Marmolada and down across the glacier at 2 1/2 weeks notice, and who speaks English, would be very much appreciated.
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums