/ NEWS: Shauna Coxsey Breaks Leg Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 27 Jul 2012
Shauna Coxsey on Jack's Broken Heart, V12, 5 kbBritish Bouldering Champion and World Cup competitor Shauna Coxsey will be out of the running in the next World Cup competitions due to a broken leg she sustained whilst bouldering in Magic Wood, Switzerland.

"I lay on the bouldering mat curled up in a ball but the pain wasn't going away. All I could think of was the noise I heard when I hit the mat...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67301

biscuit - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News:

1275 views and not one person giving any commiserations yet.

I know it won't make any real difference but just in case you read this i am gutted for you and hope it's a good break that heals quick.
Tim Chappell - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to biscuit:

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is that 1275 of us cared enough to look.

I read the story and identified totally with that moment where you know the leg hurts, but try weighting it thinking "It's OK really, it's got to be"--and it isn't. There's a bit in Touching The Void where Joe does exactly the same.

Get well soon, Shauna!
JJL - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Hey lass. Spit on your handds and take a fresh grip.

get well soon.
flash13 - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News: get well soon!

In the form of her life and then a massive injury i think thats all something we can associate with.
GuyVG - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to flash13:

good video, strong as f*ck
Tim Chappell - on 27 Jul 2012
In reply to GuyVG:

I must be getting old. I looked at that video and just thought "Why would you do that? Nasty sharp rocks underneath, horrible landing, and you are BOUND to come off".

She didn't. But I would. Obviously. Probably before the camera was switched on :-)
justin c - on 28 Jul 2012
More like most people are not signed in / just read the article and dont bother with this arm chair critics forum .....

Get well soon Shauna!
mad1693 - on 29 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News: Ah total bummer, get well soon....
Flashman - on 29 Jul 2012
She's a bit rude to whoever shot that video and sent it to her: "a random guy", who "missed the first move", guess it's good enough "for now."
It's good bit of footage, and I'm sure at least a thank-you would have been welcome, even if you don't want to give him a shout out.

And the doctor too.
Ben Farley - on 29 Jul 2012
In reply to Flashman: well done, you've managed to add criticism to the thread in an awesomely pointless fashion.

I am certain Shauna will have shown her gratitude to the random guy and the doctor, she's nice like that.
andi turner - on 31 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News: Did no one else spot the squirrel at 53 seconds? Awesome!
wolverine - on 31 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC News:
get well soon Shauna.
Mike
ads.ukclimbing.com
koalapie - on 05 Aug 2012
In reply to wolverine: Get well soon. Btw does anyone know if any of the elite girls can do an iron cross?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.